One of the biggest questions that arises when starting a business is: what accounting software is the best option for me? With the ever changing technology in today’s world, it is important to keep up with the latest technology to ensure you are utilizing available systems to work smarter and grow your business. QuickBooks Online is Intuit’s cloud-based accounting service that is constantly being updated to ensure the best service is provided to users. This service is one of the most popular solutions for small business accounting needs.
There are many different benefits to using cloud based software such as QuickBooks Online. One of the most convenient benefits is ease of access. QuickBooks Online can be accessed from the web and there are free apps to access your company via smartphone, tablet, or computer. Here are some of the other benefits that come with QuickBooks Online:
- Automatically download your bank transactions each night
- Data is backed up online automatically – no need to save back up files!
- Strong security measures ensure only people you allow have access to your data
- Invite your accountants to access your data remotely
- Track profitability on projects
- Built-in business reporting
- No installation required
- Organization tool – Attach support files to any transaction in QuickBooks Online
Of course, we understand there may be some business needs you have that cannot be fully met by QuickBooks Online. For this reason, there are many apps available to meet specific business needs and these apps seamlessly integrate with QuickBooks Online to sync data. Some great apps offered include the following:
- Expensify – Track receipts and mileage on the go. Take pictures of receipts on your smartphone to ensure you have the proper support. This is very helpful when your employees have company cards and you need them to submit receipts or need an expense approval process.
- Jobber – Track jobs and schedule jobs easily from the app. This app also includes invoicing, payments, and customer relationship management (CRM).
- LivePlan – A tool to help business owners plan ahead. You can create financial forecasts and utilize the budgeting tools with the step by step planning available.
There are various QuickBooks Online subscription levels available to meet your small business needs ranging in price from $20/month to $150/month. If QuickBooks Online seems like something that could help meet the needs of your business, please reach out to our team of QuickBooks Pro Advisors to get you started today!